Colgate Specialist/ Associate Customer Development Manager- Family Dollar - Charlotte, NC/Virginia Beac in Charlotte, North Carolina
Specialist/ Associate Customer Development Manager- Family Dollar - Charlotte, NC/Virginia BeacApply now »
- Please wait...
×Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Date:Jan 4, 2019
Location:Charlotte, NC, US
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site athttp://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visithttp://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
This position could be located in our offices on Charlotte, NC OR Virginia Beach, VA
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Active trade development, as necessary, to penetrate the marketplace.
• Direct and translate brand strategies into maximum sales results, market share, and financial return.
• Develop necessary Customer Marketing strategies, inclusive of consumer insights, to yield go to market bundles required to pursue new retail environments.
• Effective management of all budgets.
• Influence the customer(s) to grow sales, improve service and identify supply chain efficiencies by utilizing new techniques, tools, and information systems.
• Manage relationships between Colgate and assigned key accounts to ensure maximum profitability and to build growth.
• Communicate and execute Colgate’s Corporate and Brand Strategies with the accounts.
• Work in concert with broker partners, at assigned accounts, to ensure efficiencies and manage information flow to third party retail team.
• Lead development of long lead, joint, "win-win" business plans (baseline and promotions) covering sales, volume, and profitability at PPG/SKU level, and incorporating customers' objectives and strategy.
• Conduct rigorous re-evaluation of 5P activities using what-if analysis, and draw upon other team resources (e.g. input from Finance Manager/Supply Chain Manager).
• Present preliminary business plans to customers and refine the plans with their input. Conduct pre return on investment analysis.
• Allocate total commercial investment for customers into 5P activities aligned with the Retail Environment/Brand Strategies.
• Develop action plans to close customer gaps and seek approval from Customer Development Team Leader/consensus meeting.
• Identify ongoing profitability implications of customer plans for customers, and share insights/ solutions with customers (when desirable).
• Update customer plans to reflect changing retail and competitive environment.
• Lead development of action plans to close customer gaps and seek approval from Customer Development Team Leader/ consensus meeting.
• Monitor compliance of 5P activity execution against established agreements/objectives and track interim performance of 5P activities to identify shortfalls/potential upsides against established objectives.
• Identify causes of 5P activities performance, both internal and external, to Colgate for Plan Optimization.
• Develop and pre-evaluate corrective action plans for 5P activities; seek approval and execute as required.
• Resolve pricing issues when Hub requires assistance.
• Gain approval from customers to execute 5P activities and attach the Deal Sheets to the events including any revisions.
• Collect information on the external environment (e.g. competitor activity) during the promotion period.
• Conduct post-evaluation analysis based on activity details and compare results with pre-evaluation analysis, reconcile any potential differences. Conduct post return on investment analysis.
• Identify insights from post evaluation analyses and incorporate learning into future customer/Retail Environment strategy.
BA/BS Degree required
3-8 years of experience in Customer Development Management roles or similar background required
Experience working in consumer product goods or similar industry
Ability to travel approximately 25% of your time
- Project management experience
Expected Areas of Skills:
Strong commercial experience
Demonstrated strong customer relationship building & management skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Strong influence and negotiations skills
Adept at finding common ground, identifying vital interests and understanding the customer’s underlying priorities
Strong analytical skills to develop actionable insights and recommendations that result in profitable volume growth
A self-starter who works effectively in a team environment and across functions, to align priorities, solve problems, optimize resources, and drive growth
Ability to deliver results in a complex, fast-changing environment
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:CharlotteJob Segment:Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Information Systems, Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations, Technology, Management, Marketing