Colgate Customer Development Specialist/Associate Customer Development Manager (USA) - Talent Pool in Piscataway, New Jersey
Customer Development Specialist/Associate Customer Development Manager (USA) - Talent PoolApply now »
Start apply with Seek
×Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Location:Piscataway, NJ, US
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Tom's of Maine, Ajax, Fabuloso, Haci Sakir, elmex and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
Note:If and when there is a job opening, the Company will contact only those individuals who have submitted resumes that match the skills, experience, and other requirements of the job opening. These candidates will receive an invitation link to applytothe specific job and must apply again in order to be considered for it.
We appreciate your interest in Colgate-Palmolive and look forward to connecting with you regarding specific job openings that become available at our various locations around the US.
Colgate-Palmolive Company offers exceptional careers within a truly global consumer products company. Our operations are based in more than 80 countries and our products meet the needs of six billion people around the globe.
Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent opportunity if you seek:
Global Experience– taking part in global strategies and/or assignments in our international divisions or subsidiaries
Constant Challenge– working with multiple teams and business units while developing and advancing within one global company
Development Opportunities– achieving immediate responsibility and exposure to management
Work/Life Effectiveness– fulfilling your personal needs and interests as you meet professional goals
We are interested in individuals who can bring their expertise to ourU.S. Customer Development Organization.
Colgate invites you to submit your resume to our Global Talent Acquisition group if you have an interest in being contacted when the following position becomes available:
Colgate-Palmolive Company has an exciting opportunity to join our team as aCustomer Development Specialist/Associate Customer Development Manager. This position plays a key role in managing relationships between Colgate and assigned key accounts to ensure maximum profitability as well as build growth by communicating and executing Colgate’s Corporate and Brand Strategies.
This role is essential in directing and translating brand strategies into maximum results, market share and financial return while developing necessary Customer Marketing strategies, inclusive of consumer insights, to yield go to market bundles to pursue new retail environments.
TheCustomer Development Specialist/Associate Customer Development Managermust demonstrate expertise in influencing the customer(s) to grow sales, improve service and identify supply chain efficiencies by utilizing new techniques, tools and information systems. It is also essential in this role to be able to manage the development of long lead, joint, “win-win” business plans (baseline and promotions) covering sales, volume and profitability at PPG/SKU level, and incorporating customers’ objectives and strategy.
Additional responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Active trade development, as necessary, to penetrate the market place
• Conduct rigorous re-evaluation of 5P activities using what-if analysis, and draw upon other team resources (e.g. input from Finance Manager/Supply Chain Manager)
• Present preliminary business plans to customers and refine the plans with their input. Conduct pre return on investment analysis
• Allocate total commercial investment for customers into 5P activities aligned with the Retail Environment/Brand Strategies
• Develop action plans to close customer gaps and seek approval from Customer Development Team
• Identify ongoing profitability implications of customer plans for customers, and share insights/ solutions with customers (when desirable)
• Update customer plans to reflect changing retail and competitive environment.
• Monitor 5P activity execution against established agreements/objectives and track interim performance of 5P activities to identify shortfalls/potential upsides against established objectives
• Develop and pre-evaluate corrective action plans for 5P activities; seek approval and execute as required
• Collect information on the external environment (e.g. competitor activity) during the promotion period
• Identify insights from post evaluation analyses and incorporate learning into future customer/Retail Environment strategy
• B.A./B.S. Degree required, MBA desired
• At least 3 years of Commercial Experience (Sales, Marketing, Finance) with majority of experience in sales
Consumer Product sales industry background preferred
Key customer experience required
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
• Experience with panel data (e.g. Nielsen/IRI) is required
• Mobility throughout the United States
Our U.S.-based Customer Development teams are located in the following U.S. locations:
New York, NY – Global Headquarters
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? Then apply using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by email are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:New JerseyJob Segment:HR, Information Systems, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Supply, Human Resources, Technology, Operations, Management